The International Civil Society Centre helps the leading international civil society organisations (ICSOs) maximise their impact for a sustainable and more equitable world.
The Centre works with ICSOs such as Amnesty International, Greenpeace or Oxfam to successfully navigate change. We scan the horizon for opportunities and threats; enable learning and cooperation among ICSOs and their stakeholders; support them in developing effective leadership; and promote robust accountability to strengthen their legitimacy. The Centre is a not-for-profit organisation fully owned by the organisations it serves. We strive to set high standards in management, governance and strategy for our shareholders and the wider sector.
You will gain in-depth insights in the fields of fundraising in the ICSO sector by following the everyday work of the team. You will learn how to research donor opportunities, how to approach donors and how to use appealing communication formats to attract external audiences, and more!
Your main tasks include:
- research of institutional donors such as foundations or government agencies but also pro-bono or private philanthropy support
- preparation of donor meetings by preparing speaking notes and background research
- logistical support to donor trips, meetings and calls
- support and potentially independent work on funding applications and proposals
- research background information on relevant topics for the civil society sector, such as youth engagement, governance, inequality, and climate change
- support the Fundraising and Communications Teams with strategic projects and other day-to-day tasks
As an intern, you will mainly work with the Fundraising and Communications Team, but you will also have opportunities to get to know other areas of the Centre’s work.